Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid Connections

                Lately  I have been reading the Diary of A Wimpy kid series. I re read all the books and I got some great memories. Right now I'm read the 7th book in the series, The Third Wheel by Jeff Kiney. Even though this series is not my level, I still think there is a deeper meaning to the story.

               The book so far has been about how Greg doesn't like being around his brothers. He also doesn't like how he always get hand-me downs and that Manny the youngest, gets new clothes and toys. Greg was also talking about when he was in his mother's womb and how he could sleep all he wants and he could do flips when he felt like it. He tried to recreate these moments but he couldn't get any privacy because Manny and Rodrick don't give him space or privacy.

            I can connect to some moments in this book. At one point, Greg said " Sometimes I have to wait until all of Manny's imaginary friends are done using the bathroom before I can get in." I can connect to this. Even though my sister doesn't have imaginary friends, she still takes a year and a day to get out. And when I go to my other bathroom she gets out..... Same story, different day.

No comments:

Post a Comment