Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Adam Almontaser                                                                     707

11/5/13                           Memoir Piece                                     ELA

I slowly walked down the black staircase, holding onto the chipped red hand railing. “Alright guys enter quietly.”  said my fifth grade teacher Mr. T. We walked into the auditorium, there were hundreds of, white lined up chairs. As we were directed to our seats, our guidance counselor Ms. Manna grasped the shiny black microphone. “Rrrrriiiiinngggg” Everybody covered their ears to the loud screeching of the microphone. Ms. Manna’s raspy voice came onto the microphone. “Hello everybody! Welcome to this years award  ceremony! Everyone clapped and cheered and whistled. I could see in the corner of my eye, my mom taking pictures of me. 



After 30 minutes, I almost fell asleep listening to everyone bragging about their awards. I felt a bead of sweat trickle down my forehead from the lights and because I was nervous too. I wasn’t getting any.  After about 15 minutes, my name was finally called. “Holy Crap that was a long time” I thought to myself. It was an award for science. The paper was warm and smooth. Then I got a second one, a gold medal came with it too. It was cold and bumpy. The next one was for perfect attendance, it came with a silver medal, with a calendar on it. When Ms. Manna said “This award is a special one” I knew I wanted it right away.



“This award is from president Obama.” Everyone clapped and cheered and whistled again. My face turned from apricot to printer paper white. “Yousef, Natasha, Jesse, Luis, and…. Adam!” “Please come up!!” I jumped for joy as I ran through the aisles! My parents cameras lit up like guns. That’s when I got my first life lesson, work hard in school. This teaches me to push harder in school, because one day I would want to get another letter!

No comments:

Post a Comment